Jo’s Roast Pumpkin Bolognese
It’s probably about time I put one of my own recipes on here. If you’ve known me for more than a few months or if I’ve cooked for you more than once, you’re probably very familiar with this one – it’s my speciality ;)
- Pumpkin, or another type of squash (butternut works well)
- tomato, either tinned or purée
- spaghetti, wholemeal is nice
- optional – red lentils, grated carrot
- soy sauce
- herbs, salt, pepper
1. Roast squash/pumpkin in oven until it looks all soft and yummy and smells of heaven.
2. Fry up some onion, garlic and any herbs you want to use. Rosemary, thyme and anything you would normally put with spaggy bol taste good.
3. Stir the pumpkin into the oniony garlicy herbyness. Add some tinned tomatoes or tomato purée. If you are cooking for more people than the roast will go around, you can add red lentils and/or grated carrot to pad it out. The higher the percentage of squash though, the better.
4. Put the spaghetti on to boil while the sauce simmers away.
5. Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste. The sauce should now be a lovely deep orange.
6. Serve up and scoff.